1. How did you two meet?: We met on a cruise actually! I had moved out to AZ about a year before, and my family decided to go on a cruise for Christmas. Little did I know, Sam’s family was planning on doing the same thing. The first day of the cruise, we must have bumped into each other 10 times. Finally, the first night, I (Mollie) went exploring, and found Sam sitting at the bar. I walked over to him, sat down, and the rest, as they say, is history.
2. How did he propose?: Sam proposed in the perfect way. We were coming up on our 6th year anniversary and had planned on spending a night at a resort near us to celebrate. Everyone would assume that proposing at the resort would be the perfect scenario, but that’s not Sam’s (or my) style. Before heading out to our “staycation”, I went to the store to grab a couple things. When I arrived home, Sam was waiting in the kitchen for me. I, of course, was oblivious at first, and was more concerned with getting the snacks and drinks packed. He kept telling me how much he loved me and I was still not catching on. Finally, he stopped me and said everything you would want to hear at that moment. He got down on one knee and popped the question. We then got to enjoy our night away as an engaged couple celebrating the beginning of a new chapter.
3. Were you happy with the venue?: YES!!! From beginning to end, Joshua (venue owner) was so incredibly helpful.They had 3 packages to choose from, all of which could be modified.They provided almost everything for the wedding (photographer, caterer, flowers, DJ, decorations, etc.), with the option to use our own people if we wanted.I immediately clicked with Joshua, and he made the process so easy.He was always there when we needed to ask him something, and he made sure to keep us in the loop about everything that was going on. Not to mention, the venue is GORGEOUS! We couldn’t have picked a better place to have our wedding!
4. Describe the theme or color scheme of your wedding, and what you chose for your table setting at the reception: I chose to keep it simple throughout this entire process. I picked a color from David’s Bridal that is called “SPA”. It’s a mix between teal and Tiffany blue. I did not choose any other colors, but told the florist to choose flowers that would go with my color, and boy did she deliver! She filled my bouquet with yellow, pink, and orange tulips, peonies, roses, and more. It was BEAUTIFUL. I also let the venue decide on decorations for the tables. Other than thank you candy bags and seed packets Sam and I made, the venue put everything else out on the tables. They used mirrors, fresh flowers, vases, and more to make it look stunning. I was blown away when I arrived.
5. What piece of advice would you give other brides planning their big day? I am an easygoing person in general, and I chose to stay this way throughout the wedding planning process. I have had a lot of friends get married, and have seen the stress take over the fun. I decided I wasn’t going to let that happen. I let the venue take care of almost everything they could, and relied on my friends and family to help me through the rest. I took it slow, made A LOT of to-do lists, and then more to-do lists, and didn’t sweat the small stuff. Be flexible and know everything happens for a reason. Remember, if something doesn’t go as planned, no one knows except you! Have fun and remember why you are doing all this planning, so you can marry your best friend and celebrate with the people you love.