1. How did you two meet or what was the proposal like?: My husband and I met in college, we didn't date then but we were "sweet on each other". He and I reconnected in the summer of 2016 and have been inseparable since! He proposed to me after a two-day hike at the top of the South Rim Mountain in Big Bend, Texas; the views were spectacular and it was the easiest 'yes' to answer!!
2. Why did you used a wedding planner? Because we decided to have a destination wedding, in a place neither of us were familiar with, and plan a wedding in 6 months, it was obvious we need the extra help. Thank God that Rackel Gehlsen was available!!! It was the best thing we did for our wedding planning process.
3. Were you happy with the venue?: Extremely happy with the venue, The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain Resort was my first choice and I could not believe it was available during our preferred date (and actual wedding date) of March 30, 2019.
4. Describe the theme or color scheme of your wedding, and what you chose for your table setting at the reception: I did not want to compete with the incredible raw and natural beauty surrounding us, so we went with an all-white color scheme, and to refine the scene, we opted for a black-tie optional dress code. Rackel and her team of recommended vendors really knocked it out of the park. The bridesmaid's dresses - and only splash of color - were a striking hunter green as a nod to the majestic saguaro cacti.
5. What piece of advice would you give other couples planning their big day? If the budget allows, get a wedding planner, don't sweat the small stuff, and have fun!