1. How did you two meet? My sister and David were in middle school together. They were both in band and our families became friends over time. David and I kept in contact through college and ended up dating prior to me graduating from nursing school.
2. Tell us about the proposal. In August 2015, I was going to Arizona from Texas (where we live now) to visit my family. David was unable to come with me due to “not being able to get off of work” Little did I know he caught the next plane to AZ behind me. Still not knowing he was in AZ, my mom, my sister and I were going to The Arizona Snowbowl for a chair lift ride and a hike. When we got to the top of the mountain and turned around to head back down David was on 1 knee and he popped the question. I instantly said “Yes!” His parents and best friend were there to watch it all unfold as well. He and my mom had been planning the proposal together for several months prior.
3. Describe the theme and color scheme of your wedding, and any favorite details (ceremony and/or reception) you included in your special day. The theme was elegant and simple. Our colors were Navy blue, blush and rose gold. I loved all of the sentimental value that we had in our wedding. We put a lot of thought into the unity ceremony and other little details throughout. My grandpa and mom made the unity braid board that we braided during our ceremony. Our cake topper had star wars saying, “I love you more” (David is a star wars geek) My Bouquet had a picture of each of my grandparents that had passed away. We really tried to make ever aspect of the wedding meaningful and special to us as a couple.
4. What words of advice would you give other couples planning their big day? Plan, plan, plan but enjoy it and have fun do everything you can to organize before the big day! And once the big day arrives let the good times roll, take your planning cap off and enjoy being the bride and groom! Not everything is going to be 100% perfect, but in the end you will be married and that is the most important thing. Don’t stress on your big day just enjoy being with all of the ones you love and soak as much of it up as you can, it goes by so fast!
5. Tell us about your photographer: Why did you choose this photographer and were you happy with the whole experience? We chose Brooke because when we met with her for the first time we just “clicked” She was easy to talk to and her passion was obvious. She was very open to trying whatever we requested and the pictures turned out great! She also went above and beyond and came to Dallas for our engagement session; it felt more like we were hanging out wit h a long time friend than posing for a camera. We would use Brooke again in a heartbeat.
*Is that car yours? That car is my grandpa’s. He has worked on and restored Morris Minors for as long as I can remember. They are pretty cool and great for photos!
Jos A Bank
Bridal Collections by Stella (Dallas TX and out of business now)
My Cousin Chris Fisher
Elegant wedding invites
Cakes & Sweets
Jacqueline Rose Cakery
Catering & Bar
Foster-Wright Floral Design LLC
Hair and Makeup
Unique Salon, Flagstaff AZ
Our planning guide provides helpful tips for each stage of the wedding planning process, complete with a wedding checklist, budget sheets, Q&A for vendors, and all of the information you’ll need to plan your dream wedding!