1. How did you two meet or what was the proposal like?: Jeremy and I attended the same high school and knew of each other but did not start dating until my senior year of college at the UofA. I was out with friends on Fourth Avenue in Tucson and ran into Jeremy at O'Malley's and the rest is history!
Jeremy proposed to me on April 21, 2018. A few weeks before he proposed, my older sister Celida told me she was throwing a surprise party for her daughter so Jeremy and I drove to Tucson from Phoenix on April 21st. On our way down to Tucson, my sister texted me and said that I needed to pick up some soda at my parent's home prior to coming to her house for the party. We stopped at my parent's house and Jeremy said he was going to run inside and get the soda as I waited in the car. A few minutes passed and he came out to get me because he couldn't find the "sodas." My parents typically keep soda in the backyard so that is the first place I looked. As I walked out, Jeremy grabbed my hand, guided me to my parents lawn, which was romantically decorated, and got down on one knee. It was a very surreal moment for the both of us and I don't think either of us recall what was said in those moments! After he proposed, he drove us to his parents where all of our friends and family were waiting! The day was an absolute dream.
2. Why did you used a wedding planner? Planning a wedding requires an expert and I knew there was no way I could have done it myself. Hiring Rackel was the best and easiest decision I made.
3. Were you happy with the venue?: The Tubac Golf Resort is a beautiful resort with a scenery that can't be found anywhere else in Arizona. The layout of the resort is what sets the resort apart from all of the other venues in Arizona. The layout of the resort allowed our families to be near each other and in short walking distance of all the main attractions the resort offers. Our guests were so pleased with their experience at the Tubac Resort.
4. Describe the theme or color scheme of your wedding, and what you chose for your table setting at the reception: I wanted our wedding to be timeless. For the colors, I chose a palet of ivory, gold and champagne. For our wedding reception, we had beautiful wood tables and gold chivari chairs. I envisioned a candle lit dinner with beauitful floral ivory arrangements and vintage dinnerware and that's exactly what my vendors put together for us.
5. What piece of advice would you give other couples planning their big day? Planning the wedding goes by so quickly, the wedding day goes by in the blink of an eye, truly try to take the time to soak in all of the moments.