1. How did you two meet or what was the proposal like?: We met at Skydive Arizona, Jared overheard Carly talking about bow hunting (archery) and approached her the next day with questions about her experiences…And we spent the entire afternoon together. We got engaged a year and a half later in Hawaii underneath the beautiful Narnia Falls. It was a complete surprise to Carly. She didn’t have a single clue.
2. Were you happy with the venue?: The venue was beautiful, and yes we were very happy with it. We liked that there were two phases and guests could use the facilities at both. The wedding coordinators gave us a list of vendors in the area and all of our choices turned out fantastic.
3. Describe the theme or color scheme of your wedding, and what you chose for your table setting at the reception: We didn’t have specific colors. We with more of a tropical theme based off Carly’s favorite flower Bird of Paradise. Table settings had palm fronds under the plates, bamboo wooden chairs, glass vases with tropical flowers floating in water in the center of the tables.
We both wanted a beach wedding. Carly since she was a little girl. We enjoy the outdoors, beautiful scenery, beautiful weather. The beach is always an happy place and it created an amazing environment to celebrate with friends and family and the most beautiful pictures. A beach wedding allows everyone a little time for vacation too.
4. What piece of advice would you give other couples planning their big day?: Do your best to relax and enjoy the day, be present with all the people that make the journey to be there with you on your special day. Trust the wedding planners at Las Palomas. They made everything beautiful and put all of our visions into action. We would definitely recommend Las Palomas as your Rocky Point destination wedding venue.
5. Jared’s favorite moment: Seeing my wife at the top of the stairs in her beautiful dress with the most amazing smile I have ever seen in my life. She looked so incredible and so happy.
6. Carly’s favorite moment: Turning the corner to come down the stairs to the beach and seeing Jared’s grin from ear to ear… I couldn’t wait to get to the end of the isle to my future husband. I felt like I was sprinting to the finish line.